Missoula,MT – It happens every year around this time. The weather changes, leaves start to fall and sellers hustle to take there homes off the market. Every October a large supply of homes come off the market, sometimes in the hundreds leaving limited options for the buyers that are looking. We can see it in our Missoula Market Report already. Inventory is down and the many buyers that are staying in the market due to low interest rates are struggling to find quality homes. It is for that reason I am making a strong recommendation to my clients to keep your home on the market. Homes that didn’t get much action during the summer will get strong looks this fall.
11 Reasons to Sell During the Holidays
1. People who look for a home during the Holidays are more serious buyers!
2. Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the Holidays and less competition means more money for you!
3. Since the supply of listings will dramatically increase in January, there will be less demand for your particular home. Less demand means less money for you.
4. Houses show better when decorated for the Holidays.
5. Buyers are more emotional during the Holidays, so they are more likely to pay your price.
6. Buyers have more time to look for a home during the Holidays than they do during a work week.
7. Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons.
8. January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transferees cannot wait until Spring to buy, you must be on the market now to capture that market.
9. You can still be on the market, but you have the option to restrict showings during the six or seven days during the Holidays.
10 You can sell now for more money and we will provide for a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year !
11. By selling now, you may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the spring, when many more houses are on the market for less! This will allow you to sell high and buy low!
Remember when selling your home timing can be everything. Please contact us for a home evaluation so I can help you get the most out of your home. Happy Holidays from Williams & Associates